Actualmente, la Galería Maroya es un lugar para la promoción y comercialización del trabajo de artistas y artesanos cubanos.
The building where is it was built in 1891 by Galo Díaz de Tuesta y de la Hoya, acquiring since then dissimilar functions, until 1993, when it is converted into a space for arts. Its name coming from Aborigine language means “moon”.
The gallery exhibits some textiles, ceramics and other objects from the island’s rich craft tradition. It is also a place where are permanently displayed reproductions of the most important Cuban painters and engravers. Sometimes, the gallery receives excellent temporary exhibitions of contemporary artists. The Maroya gallery is a real space to enjoy the Cuban culture.
Sundays just until midday.
Address: 2506 Ave. 54, in front of José Martí Park.
Loliett M. Delachaux